Competency Assessment Services
Every job requires a specific set of knowledge and skills. And this varies depending on the type and complexity of the job. More than just knowing whether street smarts or book smarts is better, competency assessment is all about providing a way of building the skills and knowledge people need to perform their current job. It is also the key element of the succession planning process because it provides a way of developing people for their future roles. We provide independent Technical Assessment to determine the competency levels and/or to confirm task mastery of client's employees in the following areas:
- Heavy Equipment.
- Instrumentation & Control.
- Plant Processes.
Consider some of the work, school and life experiences you've had to date. Think about the competencies you developed through these experiences. Review the definition and behavioral examples of the competency you'd like to assess. Complete the COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT WORKSHEET to assess your competency development. Use the following scale to rate your level of achievement as it occurs in the workplace, classroom or daily life, then explain your evaluation in the space provided:
- No demonstrated achievement: You are aware of information, ideas and situations related to this competency but have not yet had an opportunity to practice it._x000B__x000B_
- Beginning: You've just started to find opportunities to work on this competency. You make initial assessments of what is expected of your role. Your understanding of the impact of your actions is limited. Your actions meet some performance expectations but you know that you could improve.
- Developing: You've demonstrated this competency and think about how to develop it further. You engage in conversations with others about how you can best contribute and how this competency is important. Your actions usually meet the expectations of yourself and others. You look for opportunities to apply this competency in other areas of your life.
- Accomplishing: You've reached your overall goals and often think about opportunities to use and practice this competency. You consistently meet the expectations of yourself and others. You consider your learning and appreciate the significance of this competency in relationship to your experiences. You demonstrate high quality work that has a positive impact.
- Exemplary: You have an overall mastery of this competency. You understand and demonstrate it in all areas of your life. You are considered to be a role model by others and regularly exceed expectations. Your work is of a very high or exceptional quality and has significant impact. _x000B_ Once you've chosen a rating, include two to three examples of how and when you've demonstrated competence.
A Typical Competency Assessment Process